Kenya is one of the most visited countries on the African continent, and it’s easy to see why. From sweeping views to colorful culture, Kenya is hard to top! Here are five reasons why you should visit Kenya.
1. Safari. From Masai Mara National Reserve to Lake Nakuru National Park, Kenya has some of the best safari country in all of Africa. Bounce down the rustic dirt road of the parks to see Africa’s “Big Five” animals up close, or go luxe and spend your time in a five-star treehouse resort.
2. Hospitality. Kenyan hospitality is like nothing you have ever experienced. Family, community and sharing are key elements of Kenyan culture, and you’ll find yourself welcomed into the community anywhere you go. If it’s friendliness you’re looking for, head to Kenya.
3. Nairobi. Kenya’s capital is an interesting place to visit, and it has more to offer than you ever would expect. Leave behind the untouched bush of the surrounding regions and find yourself at the hub of modern life! Bookstores, frozen yogurt shops, small water parks, and more await you in Nairobi. And here is some good news for the Anglophones in the crowd: almost everything in Nairobi is in English!
Need a place to stay in Nairobi? Click here for best deals.
4. Mount Kenya. If Kilimanjaro isn’t in your travel plans, head to Kenya’s highest peak. Mount Kenya is the second tallest mountain in Africa, and it is quite the hike! Put your climbing skills to the test as you trek up this formidable mountain and take in the incredible views of Kenya.
5. The Rift Valley. The Great African Rift Valley is one of the world’s most stunning natural formations. This trench is the bed of East Africa’s Great Lakes, and it is a gorgeous place to visit. The most incredible park of the Rift Valley is the edge of the rift, where the dry bush rises up to meet the tropical forests above.
What do you like most about Kenya? Leave us a message in the comments below!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this!
*All pictures used in this post were provided by Breana Johnson and used with permission.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of Wellington World Travels.