I turned 30 yesterday, and during this journey, I’ve learned so many great lessons. These lessons have helped me become the person I am today. So, I made a list of some of the most important life sayings that represent these great lessons.
I know this isn’t the most original idea, but one of these life sayings will inspire someone, somewhere.
Here are 30 life sayings that made a great impact in my first 30 years on this planet.
1. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin
2. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” – Heath Ledger
3. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
4. The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.” – Peter Shaffer, Five Finger Exercise
5. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” – Chico Xavier
6. “We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don’t even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It’s time to put an end to this. It’s time for us to let ourselves be loved.” – C. JoyBell C.
7. “At the very moment when people underestimate you is when you can make a breakthrough.” – Germany Kent
8. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
9. “You will never know how much you can accomplish until you try. Never stop trying. Your miracle will come in undefined moments.” – Lailah GiftyAkita
10. “The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” – C. JoyBell C.
11. “People tend to complicate their own lives as if living weren’t already complicated enough.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)
12. “We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.” – Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday
13. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
14. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you, Not much.” – Jim RohnIf you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you, Not much. - Jim Rohn Click To Tweet
15. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at the time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
16. “We do our very best, but sometimes it’s just not good enough. We buckle our seatbelts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths, we try to be safe. We try so hard to protect ourselves, but it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference. Cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning. But we forget that sometimes that’s how the good things come too.” – Meredith Grey, Greys Anatomy
17. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
18. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
19. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
20. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” – Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
21. “Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the HeartLive the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others. - Roy T. Bennett Click To Tweet
22. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
23. “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.” – Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight
24. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
25. “Patience IS a virtue.”
26. “If you think twice before speaking once, you will speak twice the better for it.” – William Penn
27. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
28. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo BuscagliaToo often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia Click To Tweet
29. “Be your own anchor.” – Melissa McCall, Teen Wolf
30. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Cameron
Other inspirational posts you might like:
Pin this post!?
Author's Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the company in question before planning your trip.
Disclosure: Wellington World Travels uses affiliate links and paid advertisements. That means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Read more about our Disclaimer & Disclosure Policy for more details.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site. However, comments may not contain advertisements, profanity, potentially libelous statements, language insensitive to other religions, or comments not relating to the topic. Please see our full comment policy for more details. We reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this site without notice.