Kenya is one of the most visited countries on the African continent, and it’s easy to see why. From sweeping views to colorful culture, Kenya is hard to top! Here are five reasons why you should visit Kenya.
1. Safari. From Masai Mara National Reserve to Lake Nakuru National Park, Kenya has some of the best safari countries in all of Africa. Bounce down the rustic dirt road of the parks to see Africa’s “Big Five” animals up close, or go luxe and spend your time in a five-star treehouse resort.
Read more: 6 Tips for Taking your Family on a Safari
2. Hospitality. Kenyan hospitality is like nothing you have ever experienced. Family, community, and sharing are key elements of Kenyan culture, and you’ll find yourself welcomed into the community anywhere you go. If it’s friendliness you’re looking for, head to Kenya.
3. Nairobi. Kenya’s capital is an interesting place to visit, and it has more to offer than you ever would expect. Leave behind the untouched bush of the surrounding regions and find yourself at the hub of modern life! Bookstores, frozen yogurt shops, small water parks, and more await you in Nairobi. And here is some good news for the Anglophones in the crowd: almost everything in Nairobi is in English!
Need a place to stay in Nairobi? Click here for best deals.
4. Mount Kenya. If Kilimanjaro isn’t in your travel plans, head to Kenya’s highest peak. Mount Kenya is the second tallest mountain in Africa, and it is quite a hike! Put your climbing skills to the test as you trek up this formidable mountain and take in the incredible views of Kenya.
5. The Rift Valley. The Great African Rift Valley is one of the world’s most stunning natural formations. This trench is the bed of East Africa’s Great Lakes, and it is a gorgeous place to visit. The most incredible part of the Rift Valley is the edge of the rift, where the dry bush rises up to meet the tropical forests above.
What do you like most about Kenya? Leave us a message in the comments below!
About the author:
Breana Johnson spent her expat years in the Caribbean. Currently, she lives in Michigan, where she is a writer, ESL teacher, and graduate student. In the future, she hopes to have another chance to buy a one-way ticket abroad.
*Photos belong to Wellington World Travels, not the author
Pin this post!📌
Booking a Flight. When finding cheap flights, we try a combination of search engines to ensure we’re not missing out on the best deals. We use SkyScanner, Expedia, Kiwi.com, Kayak, and Google Flights, then compare them to the prices shown on the airlines’ website.
Booking an Accommodation. We prefer staying in hotels. Booking.com is our favorite when it comes to finding the cheapest rate. Again, it won’t hurt to check the hotel’s main website. They usually offer discounts for booking directly with them. For last-minute booking, check out HotelTonight. There are also other types of accommodation like Airbnb, hostel (Hostelworld has the largest inventory), and Couchsurfing.
Sightseeing & Tours. We like DIY tours – it gives you freedom and flexibility. You can take advantage of the CityPass and Sightseeing Pass. But we have joined in several tours that maximized our time and made our trip easier. Feel free to check out Intrepid, and Trusted Tours & Attractions for discounted offers.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of Wellington World Travels.
Disclosure: Wellington World Travels is a participant in Rakuten Affiliate Network, Commission Junction, and the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. These sites are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon and other vendors. Read more about our Disclaimer & Disclosure Policy.