Here comes my favorite season – Fall! The colors, the crisp air, the foliage – who doesn’t like Autumn? I’ve been an expat in the Middle East for so long, I am missing this season. I usually travel with my kids to the US just to enjoy this amazing season!
Looking for fun activities this Fall season? Here are 90 #Fall activities ideas for the family! #Autumn #familytravel #travelwithkids Click To Tweet
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure & disclaimer policy for more details.
Fun fall activities ideas for kids
1. Pick apples at a local farm or orchard.
2. Enjoy homemade apple cider
3. Bake apple chips
4. Make caramel apples
5. Make apple fritters
6. Bake an apple pie
7. Try a new apple recipe
8. Make candy-corn apples for National Candy Corn Day (October 30th)
9. Get lost in a corn maze
10. Rake the Leaves
11. Jump into a leaf pile
12. Explore fall colors
13. Collect and identify leaves
14. Make handprint leaves
15. Decorate stationery with leaf stamps
16. Press leaves into a photo album
17. Iron leaves between two sheets of waxed paper
18. Take a hayride
19. Decorate your yard with hay bales
20. Head to a pumpkin patch
21. Decorate pumpkins
22. Make pumpkin pie
23. Bake pumpkin bread
24. Bake pumpkin bars
25. Make pumpkin soup
26. Try new pumpkin-flavored treats
27. Bake seasonal cookies
28. Make pumpkin spice waffles
29. Roast pumpkin seeds
30. Eat some persimmons
31. Make hot chocolate with marshmallows.
32. Make s’ mores outside
33. Attend a Halloween party
34. Coordinate family Halloween costumes
35. Check out a haunted house
36. Have a scary movie marathon
37. Make Halloween cards.
38. Make Halloween treats
39. Play Halloween games
40. Decorate trick-or-treating bags
41. Go for trick or treat
Read also: Best Haunted Places In The USA
42. Go for a walk on a foggy morning
43. Go for a hike or nature walk
44. Escape to a cabin surrounded by nature
45. Go on a day trip
46. Visit a zoo
47. Visit an indoor water park
48. Visit a children’s museum
49. Visit Candytopia.
50. Fly a kite
51. Go horseback riding
52. Run a 5k
53. Try a bike ride as a family
54. Take a scenic drive to view the prettiest fall foliage
55. Camp in your backyard
56. Have a backyard campfire night
57. Go stargazing
58. Enjoy the crisp fall days and colors with a picnic
59. Go to a drive-in movie theatre
60. Attend a local football game.
61. Play a sport in the park
62. Play your own game in the yard.
63. Play on indoor trampolines
64. Tell stories by the fireplace.
65. Play board games.
66. Read some of the autumn-themed children’s books.
67. Play some fall trivia
68. Knit your own scarf & sweater
69. Put all of your children’s seasonal crafts into a memory book
70. Spend a day planning your Fall activities together
71. Host a pizza party because why not?!
72. Schedule a Fall-themed family photoshoot
73. Do Fall-themed volunteering
74. Throw a themed party
75. Host a harvest party
76. Attend a local harvest festival.
77. Attend a fall festival
78. Visit a sunflower field
79. Make a fall bouquet of sunflowers
80. Arrange artificial autumn flowers in festive pots
81. Plant Fall flowers
82. Collect and paint pinecones
83. Paint wooden crafts
84. Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
85. Make Thanksgiving crafts
86. Make personalized Thanksgiving placemats for the family
87. Create a Thankful tree
88. Make a Christmas wishlist
89. Work on Holiday Cards
90. Start making homemade Christmas gifts
GOOD NEWS! It is now possible to explore the world from the comfort of your home through STEAM activities travel-themed subscription boxes (like KiwiCo, Little Passports, Little Global Citizens, Womple Studios, etc), and snail mail subscriptions (like Letters from Afar, The Charm Post, etc)! Check them out!
What fall activities or traditions do you and your family have? What are your Fall favorite activities? Share with us your Fall experience!
Pin this post!?
Author's Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the company in question before planning your trip.
Disclosure: Wellington World Travels uses affiliate links and paid advertisements. That means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Read more about our Disclaimer & Disclosure Policy for more details.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site. However, comments may not contain advertisements, profanity, potentially libelous statements, language insensitive to other religions, or comments not relating to the topic. Please see our full comment policy for more details. We reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this site without notice.