Traveling is an experience that switches our worries with unlimited happiness. It brings about a beautiful change in us and the joy goes to a new level when we are traveling with family. The fun in packing, taking road trips, and exploring new places doubles up and you don’t really miss home, because you have the whole gang rejoicing every moment. However, picking a destination that is perfect for everyone becomes taxing sometimes. Don’t worry, I have made things easy for you with this blog.
Here I present to you a list of 10 family-friendly international destinations perfect for a super awesome holiday. Start scrolling and make your list!
We all love places that bring together the perfect mix of experiences. Which is why I thought of beginning this blog with Singapore. The island city-state is a rock star that has evolved and became a better version of itself. Food, shopping, and wildlife dominate the travel scene whereas the open green space amid the skyscrapers and wildlife are a joy to the heart of wanderers. Below are the top experiences you would love to add or tick-off from your Singapore bucket list.
Besides, you can also book Singapore holiday packages for making your travel planning easy and hassle-free.
Things to do
• Meet the wild creatures at Singapore Zoo.
• Enjoy a night safari.
• Breathe in tranquility at Gardens by the Bay.
• Get amused at S.E.A. Aquarium.
• Visit Little India.
• Shop till you drop at Orchard Road.
• Touch the sky with a ride on the Singapore Flyer.
• Taste lip-smacking flavors at Chinatown.
• Stroll around Marina Bay.
• Let your inner child feel joy at Universal Studio.
Read more: 20 Fun Things To Do in Singapore With Kids
A family vacation is about spending time with loved ones and making memories. Thailand is among those destinations that have an unending list of amazing things to do. Settled in Southeast Asia, the country offers beaches, historical sites, delicious food options, and wildlife encounters. When you plan your trip, here are the things you need to know before going to Thailand. And if you are going to explore different cities, here’s the quickest way from Bangkok to Pattaya.
Things to do
• Choose your favorite resting place from the 300+ islands.
• Take a tuk-tuk ride.
• Relish shopping at the floating markets.
• Try different delicacies with a street food tour.
• Marvel the Grand Palace.
• Unveil the underwater secrets with scuba diving.
• Explore Elephant Nature Park.
• Plan a stay in an overwater bungalow.
• Unwind on the Ko Lipe Island.
Read more: 5 Places to Visit in Bangkok
If you are planning international family holidays, then there is no place better than Malaysia. Spreading the word ‘Malaysia, Truly Asia’, this country is a beautiful showcase of cultures and dynamic cities. On one hand, its wildlife, rain forests, and adventures like trekking and hiking fascinate travelers, on the other beaches, shopping malls and delectable food keeps them coming for more.
Things to do
• Admire the PETRONAS Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur.
• Visit the UNESCO site of Penang.
• Meet the Orangutans in Sepilok.
• Trek the wild expanse of Taman Negara National Park.
• Get a taste of history at Malacca.
• Meet the simpler side of life at Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
• Soak the sun at Langkawi.
With its 17,000 islands, this country is one of the most loved destinations for a family vacation. Also known as the largest island country in the world, Indonesia offers a chance to explore the myriad beaches, meet and greet with wildlife and dive into verdant greenery. The trip doesn’t come to an end unless you visit the largest Buddhist temple and try the mouthwatering cuisine.
Things to do
• Say hello to the monkeys at the Monkey Forest in Ubud.
• Pay regards at Tanah Lot Temple.
• Enjoy a tour to Tegallalang Rice Terraces.
• Visit the world’s largest Buddhist temple, Borobudur Temple.
• Let the kids enjoy at The Bali Safari & Marine Park.
• Try the famous Padang food.
• Feel bliss strolling around Lake Toba.
• Souvenir shopping at Ubud Art Market.
The moment you read the Maldives, you must have imagined yourself relaxing in your private lap pool with a drink in hand. That’s exactly how this South Asian country likes to be known. The Maldives is one of the most family-friendly destinations where everyone gets to enjoy the diversity etched to this nation. From uncovering the deepwater secrets, trying delectable cuisines, building sandcastles on the white sandy beaches to fishing with the whole gang, the list goes on and on.
Things to do
• Enjoy snorkeling and surfing.
• Soothe your muscles with a spa therapy.
• Explore the deep underwater secrets with scuba diving.
• Set foot in the diversity of Male.
• Ride the town with a Dhoni (Maldivian primary transport).
• Try your hand at fishing.
• Delight your taste buds with fine wine and dine experience.
Read more: 13 Best Scuba Diving Places in Asia
>>Things To Consider When Choosing Your Next Family Vacation Destination
>>Best & Fun Vacation Ideas for Families
>>10 Tips for planning your family trip
>>10 Tips for Roadtripping with Children
>>6 Tips For Taking Your Family on a Safari
>>Tips for Safe Travel with Young Children
Dubai is a blockbuster destination which has a lot of interesting things to do for its travelers. It’s a city where luxury and modern lifestyle are a major highlight for the millennial and so is the age-old Arabian traditions and Islamic culture. From the last 30 years, Dubai has been trying its best to become the hub of activities, entertainment, and luxury so that travelers don’t have to go elsewhere. The emirate surely succeeded, hasn’t it?
Do you dislike the idea of making bookings? Don’t worry, you can browse through these amazing Dubai tour packages that come with custom friendly itineraries.
Things to do
• Go up to the 124th floor of Burj Khalifa to get an eagle-eye view of the city.
• Swipe your cards at the Dubai Mall.
• Stroll at the Dubai Marina Walk.
• Admire the Burj Al Arab.
• Take joy at the Dubai Fountains dance.
Read more: Dubai Travel Guide for First Time Visitors
Given a chance to throw the dart on any European destination, chances are your heart will direct it to France. The country as a whole frame a picture of alpine villages, medieval cities and completes it with the comforting beaches. As we dig a little deep, the capital city Paris walks in with its world of fashion and the icon of love, Eiffel Tower. Some other attractions are the art museums and galleries.
Things to do
• Catch the sunset from Eiffel Tower.
• Walkthrough the vibrant old quarters of Paris.
• Explore the Artists’ Villages in Provence.
• Paddle around Bordeaux.
• Pay homage at Mont Saint-Michel.
• Enjoy sailing in Saint-Tropez.
• Ski your way in the French Alps.
Spending its days in the company of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is one such destination that surprises you every second. Popularly known for natural wonders like waterfalls, rich rainforests wildlife, the nation is also a one-stop adventure destination. If your idea of a vacation is less exploring and more relaxation, there is no better place than Mauritius as it offers great resorts and fun-filled beach life.
Things to do
• Head to Port Louis.
• Get lucky with deep-sea fishing.
• Spend a day at Caudan Waterfront.
• Try different delicacies at China Town.
• For a fun night visit Grand Bay.
• Dive deep in Blue Bay Marine Park.
• Wildlife tour to Casela Wildlife Park and Yemen Reserve.
The beauty of Switzerland is enough to amaze travelers and keep them on their toes. Seated in Central Europe, the country is an amalgam of history, natural wonders, and local life so to say. A typical family vacation is about relishing snow sports, buying Swiss chocolates and watches, riding a kayak and just making endless memories.
Things to do
• Skate through the snow in Grindelwald.
• Feel bliss while kayaking on Lake Geneva.
• Hike with the gang.
• Spend the evening taking a walk at Zurich’s lakeside promenade.
• Take a cable car ride from Zermatt.
• Get stunned with the scenic views as you ride the Bernina Express
10. United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is a wonderful destination painted with the colors of history and modernization. When on a family vacation, expect to be riding the train to Hogwarts, visiting the famous Roman Baths and entering the world of art. Make sure you have a good number of days in hand before you set foot in this bubble of culture and all things amazing.
Things to do
• Sightseeing tour of Houses of Parliament.
• Take a ride on the London Eye.
• Explore the Roman Baths.
• Enjoy a day at home stadiums of famous football clubs.
• Tour the historic city of York.
• Relive the Harry Potter days with a train to Hogwarts.
• Art lovers head to Tate Modern, one of the best museums in the world.
Read more: 20 Things to Know Before you Visit London
About the author:
A soul bred in the mountains, Akansha Negi doles out travel inspiration from solo wandering, exploring heritage and culture, tasting local cuisine, adventures, and experiences of her travels.
>>Family-Friendly Spring Break Destinations in the USA
>>4 FFamily-Friendly Places to Visit in New Zealand
>>Best Family-Friendly Day Trips from Amsterdam
>>Fun Things to do in Singapore with Kids
>>Kuala Lumpur with Kids
>>10 Things To Do in Bohol in One Day
>>Top 8 Water Parks in UAE to visit on your UAE Family Holiday
>>How to Plan a Fun-Filled Day Out in Los Angeles with your Family
Pin this post!📌
Booking a Flight. When finding cheap flights, we try a combination of search engines to ensure we’re not missing out on the best deals. We use SkyScanner, Expedia, Kiwi.com, Kayak, and Google Flights, then compare them to the prices shown on the airlines’ website.
Booking Accommodation. We prefer staying in hotels. Booking.com is our favorite when it comes to finding the cheapest rate. Again, it won’t hurt to check the hotel’s main website. They usually offer discounts for booking directly with them. For last-minute booking, check out HotelTonight. There are also other types of accommodation like Airbnb, hostel (Hostelworld has the largest inventory), and Couchsurfing.
Sightseeing & Tours. We like DIY tours - it gives you freedom and flexibility. You can take advantage of the CityPass and Sightseeing Pass. But we have joined in several tours that maximized our time and made our trip easier. Feel free to check out Intrepid, and Trusted Tours & Attractions for discounted offers.
Author's Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the company in question before planning your trip.
Guest Post Disclaimer: The views, opinions, and positions expressed in any guest posts featured on our site are those of the guest author alone and do not represent those of Wellington World Travels. The accuracy, completeness, and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The copyright of this content belongs to the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with them.
Disclosure: Wellington World Travels is a participant in Rakuten Affiliate Network, Commission Junction, Skimlinks, and more. These sites are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these vendors. Read more about our Disclaimer & Disclosure Policy.